Top Tips for writing a Winning Awards Entry
Nominations for the RLDatix Safer Awards 2023 are now open! The categories and criteria are available on our website and we look forward to receiving your nominations and entries soon. Before you start, here are some hints and tips that could help you to write a winning awards entry!
- Familiarise yourself with the award categories and the initiative you’re planning on entering. It’s important to make sure you understand what the judges will be looking for.
- Follow a narrative or story through every answer to help the judges understand the challenges faced, actions taken, and results or goals met.
- Involve the right people – including testimonials, gaining support and asking others to proof-read before sign off or submission will often produce a better, more comprehensive submission.
- Get leadership buy-in – make sure your organisation is supportive of your submission. In addition to this, you should confirm who needs to sign off the entry. Put time in their diary now to make sure they’ll be able to do it before the deadline.
- Gather statistics and data which can be used as evidence for your submission, and check the numbers support your narrative. Map this evidence against the category’s criteria – make sure you can tick all of the boxes for the award category you’re entering or nominating for before starting the submission.
- Allow sufficient time to prepare your nomination(s), including time for sign-off before submitting. Remember the deadline for entries is Friday 10th February 2023.
So many of our customers have great stories to share – and we love hearing about the ways in which organisations have utilised RLDatix solutions to improve or enhance client or patient care and safety! So, what can you include in your entry or nomination to make it stand out? Once you’ve ticked all the award criteria, here is a list of points for consideration that could make your entry really stand out to our independent panel of judges.
- Can your project be replicated/adopted by others?
- Does it contribute to the progress of health and care, and patient safety?
- Does your project make things better for at-risk or vulnerable groups?
- Have you cracked a problem that everyone has, but no one else has solved?
- What’s next? Share your plans to move things forward and retain momentum.
- There is no limit on how many categories you can enter or nominate for. However, if you enter two categories, you must submit a different project or initiative in each category.
- The judges will not have any background information on your project and may not be familiar with specific terminology or abbreviations.
- The deadline for entries is Friday 10th February 2023.
Finally…good luck! We’re looking forward to your nominations and hope to see you at the Gala Dinner & Award Ceremony on 8th March 2023.